Our small Alpharetta law firm is looking to hire an Administrative Assistant to be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the firm. This Administrative Assistant will be responsible for a wide variety of office duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes requests by greeting customers, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Ensures that the clients are comfortable and their needs are met.
- Maintains attorneys’ schedules by maintaining calendars; arranging meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Provides historical reference by utilizing filing and retrieval systems
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Manages the firm’s correspondence by preparing, receiving and mailing correspondence.
- Manages the firm marketing materials, including the firm’s monthly newsletters.
- Coordinates with the firm’s IT support to resolve technical problems and manage software installation and upgrades.
- Runs firm errands, including to the bank and post office.
- Create and maintains client files both in the cloud and in hard copy, as needed.
- Responsible for preparing the firms billing, including receiving and entering client payments
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Administrative Writing Skills, Scheduling, Microsoft Office Skills, Professionalism, Confidentiality, Organization, Problem Solving, Typing, and Verbal Communication.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma
- Minimum of Associates Degree
- Experience working 3 years in a similar position
- Experience with practice management software and cloud based platforms a plus